Monday 21 February 2011

It's Oscars Week!

That's right, the countdown has officially begun. The Oscars are in 6 short days and I would not like to be a nominee up against Colin Firth or Natalie Portman right now.

You can get a full list of the nominees in every category over at The Official Oscars Webpage.

Now, I'm not normally the gambling sort but if I was, here's where my money would lie:

Best actor - Colin Firth, The Kings Speech
Best actress - Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Best film - Inception
Best Supporting actor - Geoffrey Rush, The King's Speech

Pretty standard, all. I'd like to see The Social Network get some recognition because it really is an excellent movie, but not enough to defeat King Colin and company! Sorry.

Coming up this week:
Movie reviews - The Social Network (saw it ages ago but forgot to blog), The King's Speech, True Grit
Music Reviews - Gungor, The Shelter (Jars of Clay)
Book reviews - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Alchemaster's Apprentice, Billionaire Boy.

What? It's half term, of course I'll have time for all of these! Well, okay, I'll see how it goes.
Be back soon!

No comments: