Monday 9 November 2009

Please, for the love of Christmas, can it.

Oh British ITV1 viewing public, why are you so silly?

Did Simon Cowell bring it upon himself with the whole ridonculous "Jedward" situation? It was surely a matter of time before some joke act showed The X Factor up as the shallow, ratings-focussed show that it really is.

Lemme 'splain. Last night on the X Factor another good singer was sent packing because the British public (well, the ones who care) opted to keep a pair of talentless twins in the competition. Not cool, Britain. I'm all for ruffling Cowell's feathers, and I'm all for good entertainment. But, when a singing competition is overrun by non-singers purely for the entertainment value, you know it's run it's course. I think it's about time X Factor threw in the towel and dragged itself off to the elephant graveyard with Big Brother. They can take I'm A Celebrity... with them, too, in my opinion.

It's all a bit silly. Jedward. Oh heavens, can you imagine what they will do to a Christmas single? I'm going to have to be sick...

Why not change channels and try watching FlashForward, an entirely ludicrous US drama about an international blackout which allowed humanity to see 6 months into its future. Interesting premise, no? It's a few weeks in, but there's about 20 to go and I'm sure you'll catch up.
Fiver, 9pm, Monday

No comments: